Sew Doll Clothes (KIDS)- Sunday, January 28th 11:00-3:00pm
- Sunday, January 28th
- 11:00am- 3:00pm (30 minutes for lunch)
- 3.5 hour class (please send your child with a packed lunch)
- Includes supplies needed to make the following:
- Doll pillow (fabric & fiberfill stuffing)
- Doll Top (fabric)
- Doll pants or shorts (fabric & elastic)
- Level: Child- Confident Beginner
- Ages 7-14
- A sewing machine will be loaned to students for use in this class.
Please read all Studio Terms & Conditions before registering for class.
This class is for children ages 7-14 who have experience using a sewing machine and can follow directions for sewing seams using a guide. If your child has little to no experience on a sewing machine they must take our Intro to Sewing I class before taking this class.
Student will learn the basics of garment construction while making fun doll clothes! The fabric pieces will be cut using a specialty die cutting machine for precision pieces and the patterns used are designed to fit most 18″ dolls on the market.
The class will begin with a sewing refresher lesson on sewing straight lines and pivoting on corners while they make little pillows for their doll. Then we will move on to making the shorts/pants and then the top. The goal is to have students leave class with a new outfit and little pillow for their doll.
The course fee includes use of loaner sewing machine, and all supplies and materials needed to make an outfit and pillow for an 18″ doll.
This class covers the following topics:
- Sewing machine safety
- Sewing machine overview
- Machine parts & function
- Threading machine
- Garment construction and the importance of sewing in the correct order
- How to make shorts/pants for a doll
- How to sew an elastic casing
- How to insert elastic in waistband
- How to make a top for doll
Out of stock