Sew an Infinity Scarf (ADULT) – Sunday, January 7th 2-3:30pm
Please read all Studio Terms & Conditions before registering for class.
- Sunday, Jan. 7th
- 2:00 – 3:30pm
- 1.5 hour class
- Level: Adult Beginner
- A sewing machine can be loaned to you for use in this class. If you have your own machine and prefer to use it feel free to bring it with all the necessary accessories and user manual.
- Please bring the following:
- 3/4 yard of a light-medium weight stretch knit fabric (rayon jersey, cotton jersey, etc.)
- a spool of coordinating quality polyester thread.
- Note: We sell fabrics suitable for this project at our studio if you’d prefer to purchase in store. Please email us so we can coordinate and let you know what options we will have the day of class.
- Please read all Studio Terms & Conditions before registering for class. This class is for adult beginners who have little to no sewing experience. This is a great beginner project and after making this you will surely be hooked on sewing! In this class you will learn how to make an infinity scarf that is long enough to be worn as a single or double loop around your neck. You can wear it in a variety of ways and help accessorize your wardrobe!
- This class covers the following topics:
- Brief sewing machine overview
- Sewing machine safety
- Intro to sewing with stretch knit fabrics
- How to measure your fabric
- How to mark and cut your fabric properly
- How to use pins for sewing
- Difference between straight, zig zag and stretch stitches
- What needle type & size to use for your fabric
- Cotton thread vs. polyester
- How to customize your next infinity scarf project- change length & width
Out of stock