Lecture: Sewing with Stretch Knits & Pop Up Shop- Friday, Jan. 5th 6-8pm
Lecture and pop up shop event details: Friday, Jan. 5th from 6:00pm – 8:00pm.
Are you completely lost when it comes to sewing with stretch knits?! If you answered yes, then this is the lecture for you!
Join YouTube sew-lebrity Vanessa Vargas Wilson (aka- the Crafty Gemini) for a lecture on sewing with stretch knits.
Please read all Studio Terms & Conditions before registering for class.
Vanessa’s talk will include:
- A 45-minute lecture, 15-minute Q&A session and finally 1 hour to shop!
- We will have a variety of high quality stretch knit fabrics on sale for you to purchase to make a comfy Fall wardrobe! You will not find these fabrics at your local big box fabric shops. These knits come straight from our sources in NYC and Los Angeles!
- Some of the fabrics we will have for sale include: double brushed poly, cotton lycra blends, rayon jersey, performance/activewear knits, and more! Cash and credit card will be accepted.
- Only lecture attendees will be allowed to shop during the pop up shop hour.
- Each participant will receive a printed handout with key take away points for sewing with knits.
- The lecture will cover the following topics:
- Upcoming classes that will feature stretch knit friendly patterns (t-shirts, leggings, active wear, etc. )
- Information on the most common stretch knit fabrics.
- Key factors to keep in mind when sewing with stretch knits.
- Importance of sewing machine needles and which to use for different knit fabrics.
- What threads to use on common stretch knits.
- Importance of fiber content percentages in stretch knits.
- What stretch knits to stay away from.
- How to sew stretch knits using only a sewing machine– no serger or cover stitch machine needed!
- Tips for sewing flat, even seams on stretch knits.
Out of stock