Please read this page in its entirety BEFORE paying and registering for any class, workshop or event at The Sewing Coop LLC studio.
When you register for a class, workshop or event or buy a product from us, you are acknowledging that you agree to all our terms and conditions.
Our goal at The Sewing Coop LLC studio is to provide each and every one of our guests with a safe experience during all services offered. To help with this, we’ve put together some important policies and procedures for you to consider and acknowledge before signing up for a class or event at our studio.
All sales are final. We do not issue refunds, exchanges or cancellations on any purchase or class/event registration.
This includes any payment made for a class/event deposit or installment. Once a payment is submitted, it is final.
We have a strict no refunds, no cancellations and no transfers policy.
In the event of low class enrollment, we reserve the right to cancel a class at any time. If a class is cancelled, any enrolled students will be notified via email at least 6 hours prior to the start of class and will receive a full refund. Please make sure your email address is current in our system.
Classes, workshops & events are held at The Sewing Coop LLC studio at 706 NW 23rd Avenue, Suite A, Gainesville, FL 32609 unless otherwise stated.
CLASS/ EVENT REGISTRATION
Advance registration is required for all classes.
Visit our “Classes” page to select and pay for your class(es) online.
To register for a class the entire registration fee must be paid in full online via our website.
All payments are non-refundable and non-transferable.
All classes begin and end at the scheduled time.
Students are expected to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start time of a class or workshop.
Only registered students will be permitted to remain in the studio during scheduled class hours. No non-student visitors will be accommodated.
Studio door will close 15 minutes after scheduled class start time. At that time, no late-arriving students (or anyone else) will be allowed to enter the studio and disrupt the class in session.
Classes will end promptly at the scheduled end time. Parents are required to pick up children promptly at class end times. We do not offer after hours care for minors.
We do not offer make-ups or studio credit for students missing any part of a class or the entire class.
If you do not show up for class or arrive more than 15 minutes late you will forfeit your class fee. No exceptions.
Please be on time and prepared for class because our policies are strictly adhered to.
Classes are designed to be taught in a small group setting and not one-on-one sessions.
Classes may not be suitable for children and/or teens who require individual attention and instruction.
All students are required to be respectful to each other and the instructor.
Students who cannot safely handle sharp and dangerous tools should not be registered for class. Sewing involves the use of straight pins, needles, sharp scissors, rotary cutters, hot irons and sewing machines that can all cause bodily injury.
Parents/Guardians understand that by signing up their child for a class they are acknowledging their child will not be a danger to themselves or others during class time and that their child is mature and responsible enough to follow class safety rules at all times.
No disruptive students will be allowed to stay in class and parents/guardians may be contacted to pick up child at the first sign of any disruptive behavior. Parents/guardians understand that in such a case they forfeit their class fees.
No cursing will be tolerated.
No bullying of another student will be tolerated.
For the safety of all, students and visitors to the The Sewing Coop LLC studio must follow our studio rules. Studio rules are posted inside the studio space and will be discussed at the beginning of each class.
Some key rules to follow include:
- No pets allowed in the studio.
- No drinks or food allowed near sewing machines, cutting tables or ironing boards.
- Always wear closed-toe shoes for class.
- Do not run with any sharp tools including but not limited to rotary cutters, seam rippers, scissors, dressmaker shears, thread snips, pins, safety pins, awls, stilettos, etc.
- All rotary cutters must be closed immediately after use and before being placed down onto the cutting table. Do not place rotary cutters near the edge of any table.
- All scissors & shears must be closed and placed in the designated spaces when not in use.
- All thread and fabric scraps must be placed in designated bins during class and as a part of clean up after class is over.
- Any broken or bent needles and pins need to be disposed of in the jar designated by the studio staff for this purpose.
- Students must keep work stations neat & tidy throwing away any trash as the class progresses. Keep the floor area around your station clean to prevent any slips and/or accidents.
- Stop and remove pins as you sew and always place them in the pin cushion. Never put needles or pins on the table or in your mouth. NEVER sew over pins.
- Keep your fingers away from the presser foot and needle and sew slowly. Your fingers should not be directly in front of the foot or needle. Keep them to the sides instead.
- Take your foot completely off the foot pedal whenever you stop sewing.
- Turn the sewing machine off when you are done using it.
- Only thread the needle while the sewing machine is turned off.
- While sewing keep your eyes on the fabric and seam guide. Do not look away!
- Always place the iron in the upright position or back in its carriage after use. Pay attention to anyone who may be near you when ironing.
- If you don’t know how to do something please ask the instructor instead of your classmates.
- Clean up after yourself and leave your work station just as you found it when you arrived.
RISK OF INJURY
Students and attendees acknowledge that attending a class or other event at The Sewing Coop LLC studio involves certain risks (some of which he/she may not fully appreciate) and that injuries, death, property damage, or other harm could occur to the students or others. Students accept and voluntarily incur all risks of any injuries, damages, or harm which arise during or result from attending a class or other event at The Sewing Coop LLC studio regardless of whether or not caused in whole or in part by the negligence (simple and/or gross) or other fault of The Sewing Coop LLC, Crafty Gemini LLC, Vanessa Wilson and/or its affiliates, employees, officers, agents or insurers.
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED PROPERTY
The Sewing Coop LLC shall not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged property or belongings.
FINISHING CLASS PROJECTS
We cannot guarantee that any student will finish the class project in its entirety during the allotted class time.
PHOTOGRAPHY/ VIDEO USE
The Sewing Coop LLC may take group and/or individual photos and/or videos of students (and their projects) participating in studio activities for use (without identifying information) online and in any physical or digital marketing materials. All studio attendees and students agree that their picture and/or sound may be used by The Sewing Coop LLC without granting any additional permissions and without compensation.
UPDATES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions may be updated at any time and without notice.